29 Jun Head Automative Business Developer for a Reputed Logistics MNC
The SA Automotive Business Development Head is tasked with the following primary missions:
1. Function as the primary contact for OEM’s and Tier-1 suppliers in SA. The primary mission will be to maintain “control” relationships which influence decision making in SA.
2. The position will develop customer solutions drawing upon:
• Automobile capabilities in various geographies
• the existing operations of Managed Transport Services (MTS),
• the availability of a container train operations company within the Group,
• the ability to use coastal (short sea) shipping and Indian Railway parcel train services,
• expertise in Contract Logistics and International Logistics services
• the presence of organization in other Regions which have significant automotive trade flows with South Asia
In addition, the position will coordinate to develop Finished Vehicle (FV) Logistics Opportunities in countries other than India and to leverage OEM contacts to develop other automotive related opportunities.
3. Develop business in the following areas (list illustrative not exhaustive)
a. PRODUCTION LOGISTICS: Movement of inbound (production) components from Suppliers to OEMs plants. This ranges from simple, direct moves to complex moves involving consolidation after milk runs, cross country transportation by road , container or coastal shipping, deconsolidation and supply to OEMs production lines
b. OMS FOR PRODUCTION LOGISTICS
c. CROSS BORDER PRODUCTION LOGISTICS: Indian OEMs have manufacturing set ups in Bangladesh (and may have set ups in Sri Lanka in coming years) . This can be tapped in by simple cross border transport moves or OMS in its most complex manifestation
d. CNS FOR INDIA BOUND COMPONENTS: ex: CNS from multiple suppliers of wheel rims from China and supply to Production Lines in India which involves CNS + OCF + CLS
e. SPARE PARTS WAREHOUSING AND DISTRIBUTION in INDIA
f. SPARE PARTS TRANSPORTATION AND WAREHOUSING FROM INDIA TO other SA Countries
g. EXPORT OF Production components and Spare parts utilizing transport and IFS capabilities
h. AUTODIRECT INTERNATIONAL (the Product facilitating movement of cars in containers using racking systems). This involves exports of cars, bikes, LCVs from India, and imports of automobiles into Bangladesh, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. This also includes such movement to and from countries covered by the FORD IMG group located in Chennai (that is all countries except China, US, and Europe)
i. MOVEMENT OF AUTOMOBILES in CONTAINERS within India using INDIALINX trains and a combination of Short Sea shipping, road, and rail containers
j. TAPPING INTO LARGE SCALE MOVEMENT OF CKD containers from NA and SEA into Pakistan, Bangladesh ( and later maybe Sri Lanka) by using the IFS product and combining with it the strengths of MTS and warehousing
k. FINISHED VEHICLE LOGISTICS in PAKISTAN, BANGLADESH and Sri LANKA using knowhow available in India and involving:
i. Maintenance of vehicle stockyards at various locations
ii. Setting up and operation of In Plant yards
iii. Transportation of finished vehicles from OEMs plants to dealers’ outlets using specially designed over-the- road car carriers of the type used in India
The position will be based in India and will report to Commercial Director for South Asia.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Deliver the business plan for SA.
• Build the “C-level” network in SA.
• In conjunction with in country and corporate LOB resources, design automotive solutions using the full array of APLL products and services (including VASCOR where applicable)
• Lead the sales effort for the automotive vertical in SA
• Identify and participate in M&A and JV activities and relationships
• Coach , develop and inspire a high performing team that meets agreed objectives and shows continuous improvements
• Identification of training needs and optimizing use of allocated resources
• Close collaboration and building strong partnerships with various stakeholders
• Meet or exceed defined budget for the region.
Key Result Areas
• Develop a strategy for APLL Automotive in SA.
• Establish and develop an internal relationship platform with the colleagues of the automotive vertical in other Regions and JVs
• Develop and implement a comprehensive business plan
• Create and maintain relationships with an array of “C-level” automotive decision makers that make/influence logistics supplier decisions both within India and in Regions with significant automotive trade flows with SA
• Identify and close large Automotive projects ($10 M or above) that will “move the dial” in reaching the $100 Mi objective in a 3-to-5 year horizon.
MBA Degree or equivalent; preferably in Logistics / Supply Chain Management
• Minimum 10 years of related experience, preferably in the automotive industry across Asia markets. Extensive exposure in at least one of the fields in the automotive industry (parts, finished vehicles or aftersales)
• Has spent a reasonable amount of time with a 3PL where he/she has developed solid and long-lasting relationships and contacts with Asian Car Manufacturers in Asia. Some exposure to Tier 1 suppliers would be a plus.
• Used to working in international companies and has international experience either through expatriation or through regional or global scopes of responsibilities.
• In depth understanding of some areas of supply chain / logistics industry(ideally automotive ) , either from solution design perspective, or operations, freight forwarding, Ro-Ro business, packaging, or IT or contract logistics).
• Demonstrated experience in creating and delivering proposals
• Understanding of automotive industry cost structures and value drivers
• Understanding of typical automotive IT platforms
• Understands solution development processes from preliminary discussion to final negotiation and deal making
• Strong analytical background – engineering training is preferred
• Financially savvy – understands the various measurement of financial analysis
• Strong network with some parts of the automotive industry, either with some key “C” level customers, or key competitors, or potential partners
• Has an entrepreneurial background or an appetite for an entrepreneurial challenge.
• Self-starter, highly energetic and autonomous.
• Culturally and organizationally savvy with the ability to navigate in matrix organizations.
• Team player – have a track record on playing different roles in a team effectively.
• Deal maker – able to understand the various ways to make a win-win agreement, with suppliers, customers, and counterparts.
• Articulate, exceptional written and spoken communication skills.
• Creativity – have a deep understanding of customer needs
• Fluent in English, any other Asian language would be a plus.
Your Manager/Supervisor Commercial Director- SA
Direct Reports (direct report and your team)-TBA
Please share your resume at email@example.com or you can apply Here